The theme for LARMS IX is “Challenges in rock mechanics: towards a sustainable development of infrastructure”. This event will provide a unique opportunity for meeting international experts from around the world and exchanging new ideas and exploring the future directions in the fields of rock mechanics, rock engineering, and geological engineering.
The symposium will be preceded by two days of short courses and workshops, include industrial exhibitions, and post conference technical tours. Attractive programs will be provided for young researchers and students, including the student night, poster and paper competitions for students and young researchers/professionals.
Topics will include the following:
• Rock mass characterization
• Geophysics applied to rock engineering
• Monitoring techniques
• Numerical methods and modeling in rock mechanics
• Environmental and safety issues in rock engineering and mining
• Soft rocks engineering and case histories
• Tunneling and deep excavations in rock
• Rock mechanics for energy infrastructure
• Petroleum and deep reservoir engineering
• Case histories in rock engineering (interdisciplinary case histories particularly encouraged)
We are silver sponsor and on site with a booth number 17. Come and visit us.
Please click here to see the schedule.