The international symposium of ISRMt will take place at the Clarion Hotel & Congress in the beautiful city of Trondheim from June 15th to 19th.
The historical city of Trondheim was founded in 997 as a trading post during the Viking Age and served as the capital of Norway intil 1217. Today it is the third largest city in Norway and known as the technological hub of Norway, hosting the largest university, the Norwegian University of Science and Tehnology (NTNU), as well as the Foundation for Science and Industrial Research (SINTEF), St. Olavs University Hospital and several other technology-oriented institutions.
Trondheim offers easy access by direct flights from several European airports, as well as direct flights from all major Norwegian airports and several daily departures by train and bus from Oslo.
EUROCK 2020 Hard rock Engineering Themes at a glance:
- Hard rock tunneling and rock support
- Weakness zone issues
- Design of unlined hydropower tunnels
- Rock stress estimation and measurement
- Characterization of rock mass
- Recent advances in rock mechanics theory
- Brittle failure
- Rock falls/Rock avalanches - mapping and monitoring
- Abrasivity/advance and cutter wear in hard rock conditions
- Rock support design in swelling clay conditions