Slope Stability 2022 will be held in beautiful Tucson, Arizona the week of October 17th – a fantastic time of year to visit the Southern Arizona and the Sonoran Desert. As a major geotechnical hub, Tucson offers a wide variety of benefits to attendees for attending this important international event, including:
- Proximity to world-class, large open pit mines – Southern Arizona has several operating large open pit mines owned by Freeport-McMoRan and ASARCO. Some of these mines are just minutes from the center of Tucson, making tours simple and easy.
- Community of geotechnical companies – There is a wide range of geotechnical consulting and manufacturing companies that have offices and headquarters in Tucson.
- Gateway to Mexico and Latin America – Tucson has a strong link with Mexico and Latin America because of proximity and a shared heritage. Sonora, Mexico has several large open pit mines less than two hours’ drive from Tucson. This will broaden interest and attendance to the Symposium.
- Home of the University of Arizona (UA) – UA was founded in 1885 with mining as one of the two original departments. It is also home to the Lowell Institute for Mineral Resources and the Geotechnical Center of Excellence, which is the host for the symposium (in collaboration with Karma-Link).
- Outstanding event and tourist destination – Majestic desert landscapes, excellent convention/conference facilities, world-class resorts and hotels, thriving culinary scene (America’s first City of Gastronomy) and outstanding hiking, biking and variety of attractions, including 40 golf courses.
Slope Stability 2022 is going to be a world class event with great learnings, networking, and experiences. I look forward to seeing you there!
We are proud to be a Gold Sponsor at the Slope Stability 2022 in Tucson. Feel free to visit us at our booth.